Sometimes Facebook feels like the wild west of the internet. Sure, it’s brought millions of people together and lets your grandma connect with her grade school boyfriend… But westward expansion also brought people together and let them connect with…a sometimes brutal end (Red Dead 2, here we go). Facebook is scene these days as a […]
What's Going on in Gaming Today?
Over the last 20 years the popularity of video games has significantly increased, completely changing the entertainment industry.
With improvements in technology and the growth of Esports, video games have finally taken the center stage. With that growth, the need for smart and creative video game designers, developers, and artists has risen to an all-time high.
Check out some popular gaming industry articles:
- Top 10 Books for Game Design
- The Rise of Women in Gaming
- How to Become a Video Game Tester
- The 50 Greatest Video Game Characters ... Ever!
- Game Design Youtube Channels
Games that used to take 3-10 people to create, now take more than 100 and costs tens of millions of dollars. Even games designed for mobile devices can take years to create. But with so much money on the line (billions), it's more important than ever to produce something special.
With all that's changing it can be a little difficult to figure out where you fit in. For those interested in getting an education, becoming a professional game designer, or making games from home, we've organized our gaming industry archives to help you take the next step.
The Fun Side of Gaming:
20. The Red Dead Redemption Pimped Out Ride In honor of the second installment of the incredible Red Dead Redemption franchise, we thought it’d be good to start out with a thumpy jaunt down memory lane. Red Dead Redemption is a real blast, and is wonderfully executed in so many ways…but things can still […]
It’s simple really. We like Zelda, and we really like memes. So let’s put them together and laugh at one of our favorite games (and characters) of all time. We’ve done this before with Mario, and video games in general (Part 1, Part 2). If there are any specific meme lists you’d be interested in […]