Here we have compiled a definitive list for anyone looking to buy great gaming hardware, download essential game development software, and asset resources. Check out any of the following links to explore the wonderful resources to enhance game playing, game development, and your creative muscles.
What better way to enhance your game experience than with killer gear? These sites allow you to explore various pieces of hardware and software to make your gaming experiences easier, more fluid, and fun.
- KontrolFreek introduces you to a ton of hardware that transforms console controllers. Whether it’s thumbsticks, precision rings, or cables, KontrolFreek has you covered.
- Astro Gaming
- If an audio enhancement is what you’re looking for, you can’t do much better than Astro Gaming. Noise-canceling headphones, MixAmps, and other accessories are sure to transform your gaming.
- Evil Controllers
- Although Evil is in its name, Evil Controllers is a great company that offers fantastic, unique options for immersing you in a game. Check out the various modded controller options.
- Since you can’t readily rent games from stores anymore, what is one to do? GameFly, of course. Rent tons of games, a la Netflix. Did we mention there are no late fees?
- Steam Store
- Where better to get great games on sale? Make sure to check in around major holidays and different times of year for some of the best Steam sales and stock up your PC game library.
- If you’re on the search for great gaming laptops and hardware, Razer is your answer. With great gaming laptops, accessories, and gamer gear, Razer has your every need covered.
Game Design Tools
How do you go about making your own game. Be sure to check out our articles regarding different engines and programs. The next best option is looking through these various engines and game design tools.
- If you specialize in Windows gaming, Skyline is a great option for you. Designed from the ground up, Skyline is perfect for hardcore game designers and hobbyists alike.
- One of the best game engines today, Unity has made waves in the game development scene. See what the fuss is all about.
- Blender’s motto, ‘Free Software Never Looked This Awesome’ is absolutely correct. Blender is a great graphical tool for game designers. See the rendering, modeling, and sculpting potential with Blender.
- Unreal 4
- Some of your favorite games use the Unreal Engine. It’s not only for big companies: you can download and use Unreal right now. Start your game development career off right.
- Chrome Ext.
- Chrome is one of the best browsers, bar none. Its wide array of extensions, including the Gamedesigning.org extension, is great for keeping up to date with us and our work.
- RSS Feed
- Be sure to check out our RSS Feed for the latest blog post, game developer interview, and any other content we have on the way.
- Free Game Design Guidebook
- This is an entirely free game design guide. Yes, free. Click the link for more details. It’s as easy as entering your email for a free copy.
Account & Asset Exchanges
- GamePal is the number one place to buy, trade, and sell assets for MMORPGs.
- G2A Marketplace
- The G2A Marketplace is the first and last gaming shop you’ll ever need. Check out deals on board games, tabletop RPGs, and of course, video games.
- Sage 50
- Who says that gaming can;t involve some financing options? Sage 50 offers great financial courses on bookkeeping, Excel, and more.
- Xero is a great place to find topics about accounting, banking, and finance. See what the buzz is all about over at Xero. Even take some courses to enhance your knowledge.
- 50 Top Rated Colleges for Video Game Design
- The 100 Best Animated Movies of All Time
- The Top 10 Game Design Blogs and Websites
- 100 Funniest Video Game Memes
- 100 Video Game Text Jokes
- 100 Gamer Jokes (Images Only)
- 10 Most Recommended Game Design Books
- The Top 50 Animation Studios
- 50 Highest Rated Animation Schools in The US
Popular Content Right Now
- The Ultimate Beginners Guide to Video Game Testing
- Learn Graphic Design from a Great School
- The 50 Best (and Biggest) Video Game Design Companies
- High Quality Training Online
- Are Video Game Actually Good For You?
- Apply for a Game Design Scholarship
- Find a Great School for Your Art Degree
Is something missing?
While we like to think that we have everything covered, we can admit that we probably missed something. Feel free to reach out to us and let us know what you think we should mention, and why that resource is worth checking out.